Direct Ascent - The Vertical Endless Runner
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Have you ever dreamed of flying real rockets, like the Saturn V or the Space Shuttle, only to not be able to convince Congress to give you enough money to do so?
Bypass Congress's unwillingness by buying (well, right now getting) Direct Ascent, a vertical endless runner with rockets!
- Real-life rockets, each with their own ability!
- Asteroids, comets, space junk and more wanting to ruin your day fall down from the heavens, progressively falling faster as your rocket gains speed!
- During your ascent upwards, discarded AstroDollars® can also be found. When you collect them, you can use them to buy new rockets when your current one blows up!
- Try to achieve the highest score
- Fun music accompanies fast-paced dodging of objects
- Advance levels every three loops of the music, making the game harder and changing the theme
- Left/Right arrows to go left/right, respectively
- Click to use the rocket's ability
Note: This game is in early access, and therefore is not fully complete. The phone version will come out in the full release. Only the computer version will be released for the entirety of early access. Also, anything that is in early access has a chance of not making it into the full release, no matter how small. As a final note, the game will cost money when fully released and out of testing.
Feel free to say the bugs you experienced, the gripes you had, suggestions on how I could improve, or just overall feedback in the discussion forum below.
|Updated||6 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Made with||Unity, Inkscape, Audacity|
|Tags||2D, Colorful, Destruction, Difficult, Endless, endless-runner, Explosions, Fast-Paced, rocket|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Just add water.
- The First Snapshot of 0.5.0 - Released! (Version 0.5.0-sn052820)8 days ago
- Periodic Snapshots of 0.5.0 to be Released!9 days ago
- Progress Update 1 - Ability Revamp Start!10 days ago
- The Full Release of 0.4.0, the Interstellar Update is Out!13 days ago
- 0.4.0-pre has been released!17 days ago
- A Correction19 days ago
- Getting Very Close to 0.4.020 days ago
- Direct Ascent 0.3.0 Released - The Variety Update99 days ago