What does it do? Like, the description says it's super helpful, but I still don't know what it does...
Buildify - Automatically Mass-Build in Unity
A downloadable tool
Fact: Unity building is tedious, especially if you have to build for four platforms, like me.
Also fact: Because of this, I created a script for my game that did it for me!
Last fact: And, since it is so useful, I want to release it here!
Buildify is a tool that allows you to build to multiple platforms at once (currently supports Windows, Mac, Linux and Android and more to come) with the press of a button. Choose the platforms you want to build to, choose a build location, choose a scene list, and build! It's that simple.
Instructions to use:
- Install using the install instructions below
- Go to Window -> Buildify
- A window should pop up
- Check the build platforms you want to build to
- Choose the build location
- In the build settings (Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+B), choose your scene list.
- Press build, and enjoy cutting out 30 minutes of your day just having to build a version of your game!
1. Unzip the file
2. Copy the ".unitypackage" file into your project's Assets folder
3. In Unity, double-click on the package and click "Add."
4. To open the Buildify tab, go to Window -> Buildify